You know how they say,
“The only time you should ever look back is to see how far you’ve come”
We’re about to wrap 2018 up, and this year has been nothing less than phenomenal for us. Here’s a recap of AVTAR’s milestones for the year 2018!
- Udyog Utsav: Udyog Utsav 2018, a one of its kind career guidance event, for PUTHRI’s (underprivileged girls from Government and Municipality schools) to actually visualize and experience the benefit of education and a long-term career! The event was a great opportunity for PUTHRI’s to meet, network, explore and gain insights into the various institutions and industries; the myriad possibilities of courses, scholarships, job roles, internships and career paths they offer. It was held in Chennai and Coimbatore in the months of January and September respectively.
- Buddhi: We at AVTAR are dedicated to our journey of being lifelong learners and from that vision was born Buddhi! Our very own office library which consists of books across genres. From spiritual to sci-fi, we have it all!
- International Women’s Day: Even today, when everybody is talking about Gender Discrimination & Equality, things like violence against women, wage gap, bias at work etc. still follow women like a ghost from the past and those are enough reasons to celebrate our intentional and hardworking women at AVTAR. A day to appreciate their contribution to the organization and the society.
- Segue Sessions: SEGUE Sessions is India’s first large format skill building and networking program for women seeking transition in their careers. It was successfully held at Bangalore with attendees across the city and industries.
- Multicultural Women’s Conference, New York: Dr. Saundarya Rajesh addressed 600 successful women professionals at the Working Mother’s Multicultural Conference 2018 at New York. She spoke at the Global Spotlight session on the Working Mother and AVTAR Best Companies for Women in India Study.
- Results of the Best Companies for Women in India survey: The results BCWI survey was announced, it is highly data-centric, it is the most comprehensive gender analytics exercise for Corporate India. The study takes into consideration every aspect/factor/policy that has an effect on women in the workplace!
- Best of the Best Conference 2018: The second edition of – The Best Practices of the 100 Best Conference served as an amazing platform for sharing the innovations in the field of Diversity & Inclusion and also to celebrate the 100 Best Companies for women in India.
- The 99 Day Diversity Challenge: The 99 Day Diversity Challenge authored by Dr Saundarya Rajesh, one of India’s most respected thought leaders on Diversity and Inclusion (D & I) is the first of its kind. The book was exclusively launched at Mumbai and Chennai and is already a best seller.
- International Men’s Day: A day to celebrate and thank our men AVTARites for being the greatest allies and their contribution to AVTAR and the society.
- 18th Anniversary Celebrations: AVTAR celebrated its 18th anniversary with AVTARites and their family followed by a two day offsite filled with fun and frolic. The offsite also included a training workshop called the TRAC Workshop (Trust, Respect, Appreciation, Cohesion).
2018 has clearly been an exciting and happening year at AVTAR! Grateful for 2k18 and hopeful for 2k19 to be a successful and superlative year!