- Please tell us about yourself, your passions and dreams.
Passions & Dreams are not two separate words for me. In fact one leads to another. If I am passionate about something I dream to fulfil it. I dream a plan to execute the passion into reality.Breaks are a part of any process and yes i took in that spirit.
- Was your break a conscious decision? What were the obvious fears when you started looking out for openings?
Even the nature takes breaks, Summer, Rainy, Winter Autumn are all the break periods from each other. Even nature hates being monotonous. And there is not much fear getting back except the age factor which is actually a number but the perspective of professional industry has not changed yet. And yes with so much of young talent pool available around we are obvious to drown in this when we begin our second innings.
- What kind of support or opposition you experienced when you discussed about your comeback with your family and friends?
Support or opposition is for every small change you try to bring in. Yes the second innings in my case was a mix of these reactions when my grown up infant said to me ” Mumma now i can manage, you can go to your office and complete your incomplete project left 4 years back” now, that’s the motivation which puts back the real smile and confidence back.
- Did you have any expectations from the new job?
Now you are ready to face the world second time, where the technical details don’t matter instead the interview which gives you a chance to speak about oneself matters much more. As a comeback you are matured enough to understand the requirements, skills and formalities for a position.The experience gathered in the break period is what has to be cashed on further.
- How important is flexible working to you? Do you think it is a must for all women getting back to career after a break?
Flexible working should be a norm not an option. It gives a lot of thinking and execution liberty. Keeps your free from a typical pressure of timelines and formal ways.
- What was your job preference when you were looking to comeback – Jobs that exactly matched your previous jobs, Jobs that matched your skills or Jobs that gave you flexibility while working?
Given all still coming back to career is an absolute self choice, where many things play a do or die role. Commitment, same vigour as a fresher and updating skills. The person who is looking to hire you is more interested to know the person who had left your body few years back because your changed self is available in front of his eyes.
- Would you like give some tips to I-Winners on career comeback.
Career comeback should be a happy decision and if its not then don’t waste time of either sides (the employer and yourself). Just take some more break and come back HAPPY!